Travelers from NCR Plus, Davao, Cebu City still banned in WV
National Task Force (NTF) against Covid-19 has granted the request of local officials in Western Visayas for a seven-day moratorium on the entry of travelers from Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, Davao City and Cebu City.
But, the suspension of all incoming flights, sea voyage and land travel from the said areas from April 13 to 19 does not cover returning overseas Filipino workers.
NTF chair Delfin Lorenzana said they acknowledged the recent surge in Covid-19 cases in Western Visayas and this will give the region “more breathing space to prevent local transmission and protect its healthcare system from being overwhelmed.” (https://bit.ly/3g8Lhlf)
Previously, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases approved the request to temporarily suspend inbound travel from the said areas from April 4 to 10.
Lorenzana, however, said they moved the period of effectivity to give prior notice to all travelers concerned.
As of April 11, active Covid-19 cases in the region surged to 3,146.