Tinalo si bayaw! Trenas to bring back allies at Iloilo City Hall
A personnel overhaul looms at City Hall in Iloilo City as incoming new Mayor Jerry Trenas is bringing in his “trusted allies.”
Treñas announced this on Thursday when he visited some offices in City Hall, after defeating his brother-in-law, reelectionist Jose Espinosa III.
He initially named those to be named to key posts as
* Melchor Tan as city administrator
* Butch Panaguiton, assistant city administrator
* Jonas Bellosillo, chief of staff
* Atty. Edgar Gil, city legal officer
* Atty. Quintin Magsico, assistant legal officer
* Francis Te, Senior Executive Assistant
* Mitch Antiqueña, building administrator
* Roy Firmeza, Iloilo City Urban Poor Affairs Office (ICUPAO) head.
He also named executive assistants including:
* Efren Paredes for barangay affairs
* Rudiver Jungco for sports
* Benito Jimena for tourism
* Katherine Tingson for revenue generation
* Salvador Sarabia Jr. for (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions) MICE promotions
* Dr. Sandra Gomez as liaison for the private sector
* Charlie Hofelina and Arman Dayrit for the environment
“I’ve been meeting with department heads, since two days ago, we want to hit ground running. We have a lot of program and projects na ginapreparahan naton,” he said.
He also said he will give some current city hall officials the chance to exit gracefully, but added he will be filing graft and electioneering cases against some of them.
Meanwhile, Trenas admitted he will need time to reconcile with Espinosa, saying he has “suffered” under them.
For his part, Espinosa said Treñas is welcome to visit his office, adding this is the time to move on especially that the elections have ended.