Sonny Angara allots P596 million for Iloilo hospitals
Ilonggos will soon be able to access more efficient health care through 12 district hospitals and the Iloilo Provincial Hospital in Pototan.
Senator Sonny Angara, chair of the Committee on Finance, has secured P595.615 million for the upgrading and improvement of these hospitals.
The fund is included in the 2023 General Appropriations Act and is housed in the Department of Health’s Health Facilities Enhancement Program. (https://bit.ly/3j3fplL)
It is 50.55 percent more than the provincial government’s request of P395.615 million.
The P595.615-million assistance is broken down as follows:
* Rep. Pedro Trono Memorial District Hospital (Guimbal) – P165.4 million
* San Joaquin Mother and Child Hospital (San Joaquin) – P114.405 million
* Aleosan District Hospital (Alimodian) – P22 million
* Iloilo Provincial Hospital (Pototan) – P29.5 million
* Dr. Ricardo Ladrido Memorial Hospital (Lambunao) – P11 million
* Dr. Ricardo Provido Sr. Memorial District Hospital (Calinog) – P28.350 million
*Federico Roman Tirador Sr. District Hospital (Janiuay) – P35.6 million
* Ramon Tabiana Memorial District Hospital (Cabatuan) – P14 million
* Don Valerio Palmares Sr. District Hospital (Passi City) – P13.740 million
* Ramon Duremdes District Hospital (Dumangas) – P9 million
* Gov. Niel Tupas Sr. District Hospital (Barotac Viejo) – P18 million
* Jesus Colmenares District Hospital (Balasan) – P14.620 million; and
* Sara District Hospital (Sara) – P120 million.