Sell only at designated areas, firecracker vendors told


Cebu City Councilor David Tumulak reminded vendors that firecrackers can only be sold at the South Road Properties (SRP) and accredited shops.

Tumulak, the chairman of the Committee on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management, cited an ordinance declaring the SRP as the only firecracker zone in the city.

Aside from the SRP, certified shops inside malls are also allowed to sell as long as they comply with the firecracker and explosives standard. (

“People are prohibited from selling firecrackers on the streets. They will be apprehended,” said Tumulak.

Tumulak also suggested the use of “torotots” and bang pots and pans instead of using firecrackers for safety.