NegOcc gov concerned over rising COVID cases
Negros Occidental Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson expressed concern about the surge in the number of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases in the province.
“Right now, it’s really a cause of concern. And I think it’s really domestic transmission already. We might again experience what we did last year. It will take time again before we can bring it down,” said Lacson.
The governor urged Negrenses to use double masks when going out of their homes, and to wear a mask even at home. (https://bit.ly/3moHKQC)
He also discouraged large gatherings of families.
Meanwhile, Lacson said that swabbing upon arrival in airport and seaports of Negros Occidental remains voluntary for inbound travelers, pending a response from the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases of his request that it has to be mandatory due to rising cases in the province.
As of April 4, Negros Occidental had 474 Covid-19 cases, from its lowest of 58 in February this year.