Mayor Esmeralda issues stay-at-home order after teachers contract virus
Igbaras Mayor Jaime Esmeralda of Iloilo province urged his constituents to strictly observe home quarantine for now.
This, after the town logged 17 confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) on Friday.
Twelve were elementary co-teachers of the index case; four were the index case’s classmates; and one was a close contact of a priest in Miag-ao town who recently succumbed to the virus. (https://bit.ly/3fIvjOb)
The new cases – all asymptomatic – were placed under strict home quarantine.
Meanwhile, the municipal government is enforcing the following protocols to curb the Covid-19 transmission:
* curfew from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
* all residents below 18 and above 60 years old shall remain at home
* closure of all business establishments except for those with essential items sold
* market will have a “one exit, one entrance” policy
* stricter compliance to minimum health protocol
* no gambling and alcohol drinking
* no wake visits
* only one person is encouraged to go out for essential transactions
* no non-residents ambulant and market vendors
* closure of all resorts and tourist destinations
* no mass gatherings