Lacson says NegOcc won’t appeal for GCQ anymore
Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson said he will no longer request the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on Emerging Infectious Diseases to place Negros Occidental under general community quarantine (GCQ).
This, after President Rodrigo Duterte announced on Wednesday evening the new quarantine classifications across the country from May 1 to 31.
Negros Occidental remained under modified GCQ like the rest of Western Visayas. (https://bit.ly/3xCIlDJ)
Lacson said that they previously appealed to the IATF for a stricter community quarantine, but their request was rejected because the province’s infection rate in the province hasn’t reached the level that requires a GCQ.
It would be useless for the provincial government to make another similar appeal, pointing out that the Task Force was “not listening to their explanations,” the governor added.
Data from the Provincial Incident Management Team showed Negros Occidental logged 1,863 active Covid-19 cases, as of April 28.