Iloilo towns to receive P1M aid each from capitol
Each of the 43 local government units (LGUs) in the province of Iloilo will receive P1 million in financial assistance from the provincial government to strengthen initiatives against the novel coronavirus (Covid-19).
The municipality of Guimbal, however, will get P1.5 million for a better response. The second of four confirmed Covid-19 cases in Western Visayas is from the town. The patient is currently confined at The Medical City in Iloilo City.
Governor Arthur Defensor Jr. urged LGUs to strictly enforce Executive Order No. (EO) 80, imposing an enhanced community quarantine over the entire province for stronger protection against the dreaded disease. (https://bit.ly/33UHb7Z)
On Thursday, Defensor issued EO 81, providing guidelines for the release of the financial assistance.
As of March 23, the province has 9,396 persons under monitoring (PUMs) and 31 persons under investigation (PUI), data from the Provincial Health Office showed.
PUMs are persons with a history of travel to areas with Covid-19 positive cases but not showing signs and symptoms. PUIs are those showing signs and symptoms of Covid-19.
Defensor said the P1-million assistance should be used for the following:
* personal protective equipment such as alcohol and sanitizers, head cover, disinfectants, gloves, aprons, medical masks, eye protection, and such other similar protective devices and supplies
* food package for frontliners, healthcare workers and those conducting checkpoints and monitoring persons under quarantine
* fuel and lubricant
* thermal scanners and similar medical devices including medicines and medical supplies
* tarpaulins, signages, supplies for information, education campaign on the preventive measures for Covid-19 and other related activities
* relief goods for PUMs, PUIs and those affected by the quarantine, and
* other elated and necessary expenses.