Iloilo City council OKs ‘enhanced’ LPTRP ordinance
The Sangguniang Panlungsod (SP) of Iloilo has approved the city’s enhanced Local Public Transport Route Plan (LPTRP).
The SP adopted on Wednesday the committee report of Councilor Sedfrey Cabaluna, chair of the Committee on Transportation.
“This is a tribute not only to the Technical Working Group (TWG) but also to the Ilonggos. Everyone that commented, critique, suggested, this is yours,” said Cabaluna. (https://bit.ly/3Ni9Hcy)
The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) Region 6 previously issued a Notice of Compliance (NOC) for the city government’s LPTRP.
The city was directed to pass an ordinance adopting the LPTRP pursuant to the “Guidelines on the Preparation and Issuance of Local Ordinances, Orders, Rules and Regulations concerning the Local Public Transport Route Plan (LPTRP)” issued by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).
“Is this (route plan) perfect? We can never have a perfect policy but let’s just work. If there is a deficiency, let’s work together towards that direction,” the city councilor added.
The city government was tasked by LTFRB to include in the ordinance that the revised LPTRP will only be allowed three years after the issuance of the supplemental NOC.
As a result, the committee advised the LPTRP TWG to finalize any recommendation about the number of units of modernized jeepneys.
It also recommended that provisions allowing amendments based on changes brought about by rapid development and justifying circumstances be incorporated to allow the city to respond to circumstances that may require changes in the number of units, particularly on developmental routes where the Department of Transportation guidelines allowed only a maximum of 15 units of modernized jeepneys.
The new route names under the improved LPTRP are as follows:
* Bo. Obrero Lapuz to City Proper
* Villa Plaza to City Proper via Calumpang
* Ungka to City Proper via CPU
* Ungka to City Proper via Aquino Avenue/Festive Walk
* Festive Walk to City Proper via Aquino Avenue/SM City
* Lanit to Infante via SM City
* Compania to City Proper
* Parola to SM City via Infante
* Mohon to City Proper
* Buntatala/Tagbak to City Proper
* Ticud, La Paz to City Proper
* Mandurriao to City Proper via Festive Walk/Aquino Avenue
* Hibao-an to City Proper via Tabucan
* Hibao-an to Jaro via Festive Walk/Aquino Avenue
* Molo to City Proper via Baluarte
* Villa Baybay to City Proper
* Buntatala/Tagbak to City Proper via Lapuz
* Bito-on to City Proper via La Paz
* Mohon to ISAT-U via Sooc/Festive Walk
* Buntatala/Tagbak to Festive Walk via SM City/Atria
* Ungka to La Paz via CPU-ISAT-U Loop
* Mohon to Mandurriao Business District
* La Paz to Festive Walk via Nabitasan
* Molo to City Proper via General Luna
Councilor Romel Duron said the approved ordinance will be submitted to the LTFRB for issuance of a memorandum circular.