Duterte expected to fly to Negros from Vietnam for MassKara opening
Once he returns from Vietnam, President Rodrigo Duterte will lead the opening of the 37th MassKara Festival in Bacolod City on Saturday.
Bureau of Internal Revenue Deputy Commissioner Jesus Clint Aranas said Duterte committed to attend the event, Visayan Daily Star reported.
“From Vietnam he’s going to go straight to Bacolod,” Aranas was quoted in the report as saying.
Bacolod City Mayor Evelio Leonardia said that while the opening is scheduled at 6 p.m., they are willing to adjust the time depending on Duterte’s security arrangements.
Expected to attend the opening are:
– Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano
– Interior Secretary Ismael Sueno
– Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi
– Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piñol
– Presidential Assistant for the Visayas Michael Dino
– Road Board chairman Chito Clavena
– Taguig City Mayor Lani Cayetano
Leonardia said he also invited mayors from Negros Occidental and Negros Oriental to the event.