visayas.politics.com.ph

Dominguez OKs conversion of Malacañang sa Sugbo into museum

0 445

Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez has approved the proposal to transform the Malacañang sa Sugbo in Cebu into a national museum.

In a letter dated August 8, Dominguez directed Customs Commissioner Leonardo Rey Guerrero to study the proposal and coordinate with the National Museum on the matter.

The secretary told Guerrero that he received a letter from Presidential Assistant in the Visayas Secretary Michael Dino about the plan of the National Museum. (https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/252751/dominguez-okays-proposal-to-convert-malacanang-sa-sugbo-into-a-museum)

Dino said the National Museum board of trustees headed by Evangelina Arroyo-Bernas intends to use the building as a national museum.

The National Museum wanted to reestablish its presence in Cebu City through the restoration and conversion of the historic former Customs House of Cebu into the Central Visayas Regional Museum.

Former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo had converted the building used previously by Cebu Customs into the Malacañang sa Sugbo during her term.