Capiz creates task force vs ASF
Capiz province has created a task force to prevent he entry and spread of African Swine Fever (ASF) in the province.
Governor Esteban Evan Contreras issued Executive Order No. 008-2019 creating the Capiz Provincial African Swine Fever Task Force.
The governor will head the task force, with the Provincial Veterinarian as executive officer. Members include local heads of (https://dailyguardian.com.ph/capiz-creates-task-force-vs-african-swine-fever/):
* Philippine National Police
* Philippine Coast Guard
* Traffic Management Group
* Aviation Security Command
* Maritime Command
* Land Transportation Office
* Department of the Interior and Local Government
* Bureau of Fire Protection
* Philippine Ports Authority
* Philippine Information Agency
Other members of the group include the:
* Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office
* Capiz Emergency Response Team, Provincial Engineer and Staff
* Provincial Agriculturist
* city and municipal mayors
* city veterinarian
* municipal agriculturists, veterinarians of Capiz State University
* barangay captains and officials
The task force’s functions include movement control and manning of entry or exit points to check possible illegal transport of swine; mandatory test and slaughter of all pigs; farm shutdown, quarantine and isolation; slaughter of infected pigs in infected premises; destruction and disposal of infected carcasses and materials; and decontamination and disinfection.
Surveillance and movement control will take effect at the Quarantine Zone, while movement control such as surveillance and Infected Zones only, will be done in the Surveillance Zone.
The Regional Veterinary Quarantine Services recently confiscated pork products from China at the Kalibo International Airport. The products tested positive for ASF.