visayas.politics.com.ph

Bacolod discharges first Covid-19 patient

0

The first patient who tested positive for coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in Bacolod City had already been discharged from the hospital, according to Dr. Grace Tan, spokesperson of the Inter-Agency Task Force against Covid-19.

Tan said the 56-year-old patient, who had a travel history to London and Manila, is just waiting for the confirmatory result of his second swab test.

“The guidelines of the Department of Health (DOH) require a repeat swab 14 days after discharge, so we will follow that,” she added. (https://bit.ly/34dL73L)

The health official said the total Covid-19 positive cases in the city are seven with the latest case confirmed Friday night – a 48-year-old male with travel history to the United States on March 13.

The patient is a close contact of another Covid-19 patient. He started to develop symptoms on March 25 and underwent outpatient consultation. His swab test was done on March 29.

Tan said the patient is in home isolation since March 14.