visayas.politics.com.ph

Bacolod City offering 1,630 youths for summer jobs

0 517

Good news for youths in Bacolod City aged 15 to 30, who want to earn extra income during school break: the city government is offering 1,630 summer jobs for them.

The city’s Public Employment Services Office (PESO) said this is under the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES).

PESO chief Ma. Rebecca Balicas said they had distributed the application forms through the village chiefs of the city’s 61 barangays (https://thedailyguardian.net/negros/city-hall-eyes-1600-youths-for-summer-jobs/).

Of those who will be hired, 1,500 will be under the direct employment of the city government from April 15 to 26.

Each will get P3,000 for 15 days of work at P200 per day.

The other 130 will work under the Department of Labor and Employment from April 15 to May 8. Their employer will pay 60 percent of the prevailing minimum wage, while DOLE will shoulder the remaining 40 percent.

Balicas said the list of requirements is attached to the application form. The requirements include school records, certificate of indigency, and ID photo.

Qualified youths include those who are in school, and out-of-school youths who want to earn money for enrollment.

Balicas said those hired by the city government will be assigned to assist in data gathering for the National Skills Registry.

High school students are only allowed to participate in SPES during summer vacation while college, and technical and vocational students who are 18 to 24 years old can take advantage of the opportunity all year round.