visayas.politics.com.ph

Security measures increased for Duterte visit in Cebu

0 115

Police Regional Office 7 (Central Visayas) will conduct a thorough security check of all the venues to be visited by President Rodrigo R. Duterte here Monday.

To ensure complete security for Duterte, PRO-7 will thoroughly inspect the Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center (VSMMC) and Camp Sergio Osmeña among several other venues where Duterte will be spearheading an activity.

The President is set to unveil the Malasakit Center for indigent patients at the VSMMC and preside over the command conference of the region’s police and military officials at the PRO-7 headquarters in Camp Sergio Osmeña.

Aside from the two activities, PRO-7 Director, Chief Supt. Robert Quenery, said Thursday the President also had functions to attend to in Metro Cebu on Monday and they would likewise check the venues for those meetings.

The President will also turn over 20 Mitsubishi Montero patrol vehicles donated by the Japanese Government to PRO-7 and will meet with all the governors and city and municipal mayors in Visayas and Mindanao.

Quenery said PRO-7 personnel would be deployed to all the venues, as well as the streets leading to the designated areas starting Friday.

He further said that they had been under heightened alert status since Wednesday and would be on full alert status on Friday.

Full alert status means 100 percent of the police force will be on standby.

He, however, declined to divulge the other venues in Duterte’s itinerary for security reasons.

This is the first time for the President to have several functions to attend to in Metro Cebu and the first time for him to preside over the command conference of police and military officials in Central Visayas.

Quenery said the Chief Executive was expected to issue additional orders, especially on the campaign against illegal drugs and against government employees entering gambling establishments and casinos. (PNA)