Samal kidnap victims now in Jolo, Duterte is sure
Davao City mayor Rodrigo Duterte revealed that the armed men and the four hostages they took from Samal Island on September 21 are now in Jolo, Sulu.
In his weekly radio program, Duterte said the location of the kidnappers have been verified from three locations.
“We verified from all sources and that they are in Jolo,” the mayor, who chairs Regional Peace and Order Council (RPOC), said in a Sunstar article.
Duterte also confirmed that the armed group is allied with the al-Qaeda linked Abu Sayyaf.
See related story:
No ransom demands had been made yet, he added.
Duterte also said he has asked authorities to send him to Jolo and help in the negotiations with the kidnappers.
“I’ve already sent a word if I can go there, and get the hostages. I just hope they will not demand a high ransom. Anyway, if the kidnappers intend to hold the hostage, then I am asking them not to hold the hostage for long. Don’t hold on to them for a year because the military will have to launch an operation and the place will again be in chaos,” he pointed out.